Wednesday, September 18, 2013

How can you Provide Meaningful Feedback to your Peers?



What is Peer Editing? displays a sensible way to peer edit someone. There are only a couple of things I disagree with in the video. In the video she states that a peer is someone your own age. I would have to disagree with that statement. For example, in EDM310, students are peer editing each others posts almost every week, but yet, the class is a range of different ages. There is a age gap between my partner and I, but he is still my peer. I think a peer is more like someone in the same classification as a person. For example, Colin and I are both students, therefore we can be each others peers. Dr. Strange however, would not be our peer because he is the professor giving us the assignments that are being edited. The other thing I noticed was the order in how to edit your peers paper. She states that in this order you edit someones paper: "compliments, suggestions and then corrections". I don't think there is a certain order you have to go in to edit your fellow peer's paper or post. I think the main key she points out, "staying positive" is the most important factor.


">Peer Edit With Perfection Tutorial is a great slide show on presenting peer editing. It is extremely similar to the video "What is Peer Editing?" I talked about in the first paragraph. The statements I disagreed with in the video are the same disagreements I have with this slide show. Once again, staying positive is expressed as a key component in peer editing. You definitely DO NOT want to tear down someone's self esteem. The slide claims that when editing, you should give specific details in what they are missing or what they need to correct. That is crucial in the editing process because how is someone suppose to know what to fix or work on if there are no details given?

Writing Peer Review Top 10 Mistakes is absolutely adorable! Although it is a comical video, it points out important factors. When editing, you don't want to be mean or rush through it or just simply not care. Peer editing is done so students can help one another and see an outsider's perspective. This video exemplifies perfect yet comical examples of how we should be when editing one another.

Overall, peer editing is a fun and helpful way to see what we are good at and what we need to work on. Colin shows strong efforts in his writing and uses great word choices. He might slip every now and then and not capitalize an "I" but, his work is a joy to read. He brings life to his writing and he always has wonderful yet entertaining pictures to go along with his posts. Great job Colin!

No comments:

Post a Comment